St Andrew’s is a lively, welcoming, growing and warm Christian Community which exists for other people, and specifically, all the people of this parish of North Deal. It offers a Christian spirituality which is based on faith and following the life and teaching of Jesus Christ.
The various celebrations of the Church’s Year attract a wide variety of people.
In adddition to a very full and well attended diet of daily, weekly and seasonal services there are other forms of worship, eg monthly healing masses, Community Carol singing at the Golf Road Centre, our Easter celebration for children and the extremely popular Pet’s Service.
There are Civic Services too and the attendance of the Mayor and other dignitaries are a regular part of our involvement with the life of the town of Deal.
To that end, our service to the community takes a variety of forms:
- Fun days throughout the year in various locations in the parish
- Saturday Real Deal Football Club
- Food Bank
- Use of the Church for concerts, exhibitions and public gatherings
- Outreach and support for other local charities eg Martha Trust
- Publication and distribution of our monthly Lantern Magazine
A very strong social life is a foundational aspect of St Andrew’s life and mission. The many events throughout the year bring in new people from the community as well as strengthen the bonds of our regular worshippers.
- Refreshments after Sunday mass
- Monthly Parish lunch at the Alma
- Our various fundraising activities, eg summer fete, Christmas Fair, coffee concerts
- Harvest supper
- Mothers and Toddlers group
The purpose of the Church, universal and local is the worship of God the Holy Trinity and to bring as many people as possible to the knowledge and saving love of God in Jesus Christ.
The Diocese of Canterbury outlines three points of mission:
- Living Faith
- Building Community
- Transforming Lives
Saint Andrew’s does this in three ways:
- through worship
- through teaching and pastoral care
- through outreach and service to the community
To do this requires adequate resources:
- financial – St Andrew’s is not a rich parish. Without adequate giving the Church cannot continue to function
Mission is therefore understood as Christian:
Mission is the responsibility through the prayer and action of the clergy, church officers, PCC and every member of the Church and is specifically focused in our outreach and service to the community.
Effective evangelism and church growth is based on widening the number of people and institutions that have contact with the Church.
Our Mission objectives
- to offer God’s gift of eternal life to each and every member of our parish and all who wish to come to our Church
- the incorporation of those who accept this gift into the believing, worshipping and active life of the Church
- to demonstrate God’s love by service to the community
- to provide a place of spiritual sanctuary
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about what we do then why not join us at one of our 10am Sunday morning services. There are always refreshments afterwards and you will receive a warm welcome.